New Years resolution / New life Creeds
First of all… HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. I started off the new year with a resolution to live a healthier lifestyle. i wasnted to get away from the usual “lose some weight” resolution.
In sunday today however I was put to shame. We talked about George Albert Smith (a past Prophet) and it tells about his “personal creed”
|- “I will be a friend to the friendless and find joy i ministering to the needs of the poor.”|
- “I would visit the sick and afflicted and inspire in them a desire for faith to be healed.”
- “I would teach the truth to the understanding and blessing of all mankind.”
- “I would seek out the erring one and try to win him back to a righteous and a happy life.”
- I would not seek to force people to live up to my ideals but rather love them into doing the thing that is right.”
- “I would live with the masses and help to solve their problems that their earth life may be happy.”
- “I would avoid the publicity of high positions and discourage the flattery of thoughtless friends.”
- “I would not knowingly wound the feelings of any, not even one who may have wronged me, bout would seek to do him good and make him my friend.”
- “I would overcome the tendency to selfishness and jealousy and rejoice in the successes of all the children of my Heavenly Father.
- “I would not be an enemy to any living soul.
Ref: Teachings of the Prophet George albert smith, chapter 1.
Of all his creeds he could have put like, “pay a full tithe payer,” or “be completely obedient to all the commandments” he decided to better his relationships with all his fellow men. I am going to try and be better too. I am going to try and have the same personal creeds.
Just remember everyone that I am not perfect, but I will try to be better and follow these creeds. I welcome everyone else to pick one or two things that you want to work on, and if you want to you can work on all of them!
On a more disappointing note, UVU starts school tomorrow, and the road I take to school is closed the entire first week of school. suck.